Welcome to ICE
We hope you find the answers to all of your questions here, including information about school schedule, school supplies, out to lunch and upcoming events.
We are honored that your child has confirmed acceptance to I.C.E. and we welcome you into the I.C.E. community.
Parents, things to do
School will start on September 7th, be ready with all the following information:
- Finish completing required paperwork. Click here for the documents.
- Click here to Volunteer your skills and time to I.C.E community. It's a wonderful way to meet other parents, join the community and to give back to I.C.E.
- School Supply list here
- Click here to see the I.C.E School Calendar
- Click here to see the upcoming PTA meetings
Please join us in our ICE events of the school year:
Other Things to Know
- The first day of school: Thursday, September 7th.
- Entrance is on 16 St. (not 15 St)
- I.C.E. School Day: 8:10am – 3:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:10am – 2:09pm on Friday
- Opening project will take place during the first two days of school (Sept. 7-8) and involves mixed grade groups collaborating on a school wide project. Students will get more information on the first day of School.
- Student will pick a locker on the first day. They should bring a lock to put in their locker. Standard numerical combination lock (THIS NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT IN WITH YOUR CHILD ON THE 1st DAY OF SCHOOL FOR THEM TO CLAIM A LOCKER- it must be a Master Lock)
- Lunch – lunch time at I.C.E. is 11:39am – 12:30pm. 6th graders don't go out the first week for lunch. Your kids should bring a lunch or they can have the lunch bag from the cafeteria.
- Class Assignment: All students will receive their class assignment the first day of school
- 6th Grade Overnight Trip to Frost Valley: the date for the overnight trip has not been announced. Expect the trip to take place the middle to end of October. You will receive detailed information about the trip once school is in session.
- If you need to contact any staff member please click here
- If your child needs to leave school early, you must come to the office to sign them out.
- Sports: Encourage your kid to join I.C.E after school sport program: Flag Football, Soccer, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Softball, Baseball and Archery
- Jazz Band
Incoming Students and Families - Welcome to I.C.E.
First Day at I.C.E
Dear incoming 6th grade and other new ICE families,
In case you were wondering, here’s what’s happening in the first couple days at ICE:
First day of school: Thursday September 7th 8:10 AM
All students enter from 16th St. entrance and proceed directly to the Auditorium (downstairs).
Parents are welcome to stay for the All School Assembly which will include teacher introductions and information about Opening Project.
Opening Project will take place during the first two days of school (Sept. 7-8) and involves mixed grade groups collaborating on a school wide project. The topic of the project is never revealed until the first day of school.
After the assembly, all grades other than 6th will move upstairs to their previous year’s advisory to be given their new advisory.
6th graders will go as a group to the Small Gym, along with a couple of teachers, and they will be given more information about advisories and Opening Project at that point.
New ICE students in grades other than 6 will be given specific information about where to go.
After this, Opening Project will begin and students will be dismissed at the regular time (3 pm on Thursday and 2:10 pm on Friday).
Students will receive a Student Metrocard and a locker on the first day. They should bring a lock to put on their locker (within the first couple of days).
If you have important questions that need to be answered before school begins, please write to Mark Mazzone email@example.com