Welcome To The I.C.E. Admissions Information Page
Thank you for your interest in our school. From this page, you can access information about the admissions process at I.C.E.
Students interested in attending I.C.E. for 6th grade in Fall 2018 MUST include I.C.E. as one of their ranked choices on the NYC DOE middle school application form. This is a change from previous years.
For more information regarding the middle school application process, please speak with your school guidance counselor or visit the DOE website: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/Middle/default.htm
NOTE: We value getting to know our applicants on a personal level. Students who have a strong interest in attending ICE may submit a one page original handwritten essay mailed directly to the school, postmarked no later than December 1, 2017. In this essay the student should explain a few of the most important things for someone to know about them as a student AND as a person outside of school.
Please download and include the I.C.E. Contact Information Form with your essay. This document is available through the link below. The essay and contact information form should be mailed to:
Institute for Collaborative Education - Attn. 6th grade admissions - 345 East 15th Street - NYC, NY 10003
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Once the D.O.E. has processed all applications, we will contact a limited number of families for interviews.
For specific questions not answered here: firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for one of our 6G Open House events, click on the appropriate tab under the Admissions heading at the top of the page.
If your child will be entering HS next year, please note that as a very popular middle school choice, with a focused 6-12 grade curricular arc, we rarely have any high school seats available. As a result, we do NOT host high school Tours or Open Houses.
Directions for HS students and families interested in pursuing an unlikely open seat in the I.C.E. high school:
- Students MUST work with their current school guidance counselors to complete the DOE HS Admissions form through the mandated DOE application process
- If I.C.E. is not selected as 1st choice on this form, it is extremely unlikely that the system will make a match to I.C.E.
- Students MUST Interview with I.C.E. should the DOE make a match - interviews will be scheduled as information from the DOE is made available to us (usually in the Spring months) and once we have a better idea of our internal enrollment numbers.
At the scheduled Interview, we ask families to supply the below items:
- A copy of the MOST recent report card prior to the scheduled interview date
- A hand-written (not typed) original 3-5 page student essay explaining:
1) What the student is like inside and outside of school
2) Why s/he is leaving their current school, and
3) What s/he is looking for in a High School learning experience