No Barriers, a Fort Collins, CO non-profit organization, believes that what's within you is stronger than what's in your way, and they are out to prove it every day through transformative journeys that help students discover their potential. No Barriers is offering two exciting open enrollment expeditions in July 2017 and is accepting applications from any students within the age ranges.
No Barriers Grand Canyon Sound Academy: July 14-25, 2017
- Eligible Students: Blind, Visually Impaired and Sighted, Ages 15-19
- Cost: $510 + travel to Phoenix, AZ. Due to generous funding (a $3,300 scholarship for each accepted student) from the National Park Service's Natural Sound & Night Skies Division (NSNSD), this program has been significantly reduced from its original price.
- Early Application Deadline: December 12, 2016(Preference is given to those who apply by the early deadline):
- Final Application Deadline: January 13, 2017
No Barriers Peru Leading the Way: July 16-26, 2017
- This program is the only international program for students who are deaf, hard of hearing, and typically hearing and includes an exchange with the deaf Peruvian community. This program includes a multi-day high altitude trek and visit to Machu Picchu, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Eligible Students: Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Typically Hearing, Ages 14-21
- Cost: $4,795 + travel to Miami, FL (price includes round trip airfare from Miami to Lima, Peru and round trip airfare from Lima, Peru to Cusco, Peru).
- Application Deadline: December 5, 2016
Contact No Barriers by email at LeadingTheWay@nobarriersusa.org or at 970-484-3633 with any questions.
Please share this email with anyone who may be interested! If you share this message, please “cc” LeadingTheWay@nobarriersusa.org so we can see our reach. If you "like" No Barriers Youth" on Facebook, you can see our post about this program and share it on social media. You can also nominate a student here: Student Nomination.